Wednesday, October 12, 2011

SOLE on SNAP: Day 11

I seriously need to turn it around. I'm not eating that healthily/SOLE, which was the whole point of my challenge. The holidays are right around the corner, too, so I need to buckle down on the calories especially.

Speaking of holidays, I pre-ordered my Thanksgiving turkey last week from the Monroe Farm Market. An 18-pounder from Almost Heaven Farm. It's a broad-breasted white, which is not a heritage breed. In fact, its the same breed that you would buy if you bought a Butterball at the grocery store. But it's a pasture raised turkey that has been eating a natural diet of bugs and grubs from the ground instead of scientifically mixed feed designed to get it to grow even more grotesquely fast and large. That's a plus. I bought a heritage turkey a few years ago, but the producer has since gone out of business. It's a shame because I also bought some bacon and sausage from them. It was the best bacon I've bought that is from pasture-raised pigs. Those people knew what they were doing.

BREAKFAST:
I had a packet of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal at work with coffee and dry non-dairy creamer.
LUNCH:
I had a salad with some leftover drunken chicken on it, and some Garden of Eatin' tortilla chips that someone brought into work. Jeremy also had a salad with leftover chicken and some greek yogurt.
DINNER:
We went to BW3's. I had nine wings of various sauces and two Magic Hat #9 beers. I don't know how many Jeremy had, but we ordered 30 wings and brought some home. He also had Magic Hat beer.
SNACKS:
I had some plain greek yogurt and leftover peaches from breakfast weekend before last. I'm probably pushing it with those, but they didn't smell or taste bad. I also had a piece of string cheese and a small apple. Jeremy also had a Kashi TLC bar and a piece of string cheese.
EXERCISE:
I couldn't sleep, so I got up and went to the gym. Yay! But I was soooo tired in the afternoon. At least I got a workout in, though.

STATS: This is going to be scary because of dinner...
Calories 3,072
Fat 98.8 g
Sat Fat 23.4 g
Cholesterol 300.2 mg
Sodium 9,727 mg (HOLY SHIT)
Carbs 301.2 g
Fiber 18.1 g
Sugars 172.4 g
Protein 110.1 g

No comments:

Post a Comment