Saturday, October 15, 2011

SOLE on SNAP: Day 13

I heart The Splendid Table. Espcially, the cookbook, How to Eat Supper. It's like the concept behind Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals, but kicked up a notch. Like 30 minute meals for food snobs. I haven't made many recipes in it, but the ones I have made have been unbelievably delicious. And fast. And easy. I made the 21st Century Mac and Cheese for dinner, and it did not disappoint.

BREAKFAST:
I had 1 cup of Cheerios and 1/3 cup 2% milk. Jeremy had two toaster strudels and a cup of coffee. Jeremy had toaster strudels.
LUNCH:
I had some taco soup that a coworker brought in to share with the office, and some cheetos. Jeremy's lunch was provided at an event he was working at.
DINNER:
21st Century Mac and Cheese from How to Eat Supper. I halved the recipe. It only took about 20 minutes at the most to assemble, and you bake it about 25 minutes longer. Sadly, this is the only picture I got. Hehehe. It had red pepper flakes and a finely diced red onion, which gave it a bit of an adult edge and a kick. It would be perfect for a cold winter day. I'm definitely going to keep it in the rotation.

SNACKS: I had a greek yogurt and two cups of coffee with powdered creamer in the morning. In the afternoon, I had a small apple and a stick of string cheese. I also had some peanut M&Ms. Seriously, I cannot wait until Halloween is over... And about 3 glasses of red wine and some cheese.

STATS:
Calories: 2,420
Fat: 88.2 g
Sat Fat 35.2 g
Cholesterol 451.5 mg
Sodium 3,425.1 mg
Carbs 249.4 g
Fiber 30.4 g
Sugar 79.6 g
Protein 81.6 g

No comments:

Post a Comment