Monday, October 24, 2011

SOLE on SNAP: Days 22 & 23

Ah, the weekend. Why do they go by in the blink of an eye? I've scattered in a handful of pics that depict how my weekend went, even if it did go by way too quickly.

I'm in the home stretch of SOLE on SNAP; I am in the last week. I've been doing some reflecting on the project and it's coming to an end. There are definitely some things I wish I'd done differently, and some things I am really proud of.

First, I wish I could have devoted more time to the project. I can now appreciate thoughtful substantive blogs by people who hold down full time jobs. Where do they find the time to do it? I really don't like to even turn on the computer when I come home from work since I sit in front of one all day. I would have liked to include more entries with outside stories in them like news bits about eating healthy on a budget. But somedays it was all I could do to post my food diary and stats without including any other content.

Secondly, I wish I would have more diligent in my eating and exercising this month. I was just telling my mom yesterday that since I started this project, I don't think I came in under my calorie budget more than a handful of times, let alone hit all the marks on the myplate.gov recommendations. It wasn't that I couldn't do it, I don't think. I absolutely believe that I could have met the challenge of this project with more effort. But then again, that would translate into more planning, thought, and of course, time. See above.

And, finally, one other observation. The timing sucks, though. I was playing around on my LoseIt! account online last week and discovered there is a myplate.gov tracker feature that shows you on a day-by-day basis if you're meeting the recommendations. How awesome is that?! I just wish I would have discovered it before the last week of the project.

Saturday, October 22nd
BREAKFAST:
I made a big breakfast for us. We each had 2 eggs sunny side up, 2 pieces of bacon and a piece of toast with some homemade carrot cake jam I made last year. I had two cups of coffee with creamer and Jeremy had 1 cup.

Not the best pic, but just look at the color of that yolk! Farm eggs rock! They are tastier and healthier.
LUNCH:
For lunch, we both had leftover Chinese from the night before.

DINNER:
I went shopping with my momma Saturday evening and she treated me to dinner at the new Panera Bread at the mall. I had the "You Pick Two" combo. I had a greek salad and the Natural Steak Chili. The good and bad thing, I suppose, about this dinner was that we got there withing 30 minutes of closing. So we got full salads for the price of the half on the "You Pick Two" combos, but they didn't have much left to pick from. I had my heart set on their black bean soup, but they were out. The chili was pretty good, though, but salty. Jeremy was hunting near his sister and brother-in-law's house, and his mom came by Saturday evening and brought him some meatloaf leftovers.

SNACKS:
I had some tortilla chips and humus and some saltines and natural peanut butter.

EXERCISE:
I was SO busy Saturday at my house. I did a ton of yardwork and started cleaning my house, but didn't get finished. I burnt a TON of calories, while getting stuff done around the house, which I totally love! My LoseIt! app says I burnt 698 calories, and I believe it, cause I was beat Saturday night.

Tearing out my tomato plants. I hate to see them go.





















Lettuce and radishes in the raised beds. Hopefully my growing season lasts several more weeks. I have "cold frame" lids for these to protect them from the frost and cold temps, although both of these crops are best suited for cooler weather.

STATS:
Calories 1,426 (2,124 less 698 exercise)
Fat 119.7 g
Sat Fat 21.3 g
Cholesterol 487.6 mg
Sodium 5,297.3 mg
Carbs 182.2 g
Fiber 22.4 g
Sugars 54.7 g
Protein 87.5 g

Sunday, October 23rd

BREAKFAST:
I had old-fashioned oatmeal with a handful of last year's blueberries from my mom, a few walnuts, a splash of 2% milk and a tsp of turbinado sugar. Jeremy had frozen waffles, natural peanut butter and 100% pure maple syrup (worth the money...). We both had a cup of coffee and Natural Bliss creamer.

LUNCH:
I had a sandwich made from Thursday night's leftover fried trout and a salad. The sandwich was BANGIN'! I am also trying to finish up that buttermilk I accidently bought, so I also made some homemade buttermilk ranch dressing for the salad. It's a bit too thick. I probably should add some more buttermilk to thin it out. I got the recipe from my Betty Crocker Cookbook Bridal Edition. I also had some leftover guacamole from last week and some Baked Tostitos. Also, the salad was 100% grown by me!!! Makes it taste even better. Jeremy went golfing with my brother and dad, and they stopped at Burger King for lunch.





















Isn't that salad absolutely beautiful? It tasted pretty awesome, too.

DINNER:
We had KFC at Jeremy's mom and dad's house. Not the healthiest dinner, so I'm glad I got in some exercise and had eaten relatively well throughout the day.

SNACKS:
I had a Gold Peak Sweetened Tea. They use sugar. I try not to eat any artificial sweeteners, but I'm not sure which is the lesser evil: sugar or artificial sweeteners??? At my mom's we baked blueberry muffins, and I had a few mini muffins. We also made South of the Border stuffed peppers and stuffed tomatoes. I had half a stuffed tomato and a couple of the small stuffed peppers.

EXERCISE:
I tried to finish up the house cleaning that I didn't get done on Saturday, but I still didn't get done. I also took a 45-minute walk with my mom at her house. It was such a beautiful day. I burnt 326 calories.

STATS:
Calories 2,070 (2,396 less 326 exercise)
Fat 95.1 g
Sat Fat 19.9 g
Cholesterol 198.8 mg
Sodium 3,756.2 mg
Carbs 280.4 g
Fiber 30.7 g
Sugar 112.6 g
Protein 117.2 g

Now, I did try to get the myplate.gov report saved as an image that I could post on this blog, but I couldn't get it to work out. However, Sunday appears to be the first day that I can see that I did hit all the recommendations on myplate.gov, according to LoseIt!

No comments:

Post a Comment