Tuesday, October 18, 2011

SOLE on SNAP: Day 17

I know a guy who was doing a "public humiliation" diet. Every morning he'd weigh himself and tweet it. I guess if you feel like you have to be accountable to cyberspace, you'd be more apt to mind your p's and q's. I don't know if it's working for him or not, but that concept definitely hasn't worked for me.

BREAKFAST:
I had 1 cup of cheerios with 1 tsp of turbinado sugar and 1/3 cup of 2% milk. Jeremy had a sausage biscuit from McDonalds and a sweet tea.
LUNCH:
I had a bowl of cream of tomato soup and a salad. The soup was a variation recipe from the tomato soup recipe in How to Eat Supper. It's pretty good, but not as good as the original recipe. Jeremy had a salad and I made him a wrap with guacamole, chopped sweet pepper from my garden, shredded cheddar and lettuce in it. He also had a bottle of diet green tea.
DINNER:
I made chicken nachos. I love nachos. I'm kinda an aficionado. These are exceedingly good for them to be healthy. I'm not even kidding. Here's the recipe.
SNACKS:
I had a couple cups of coffee and non-dairy creamer, greek yogurt, 1 oz. of Lay's kettle chips that someone opened at work, and in the afternoon a cup of no sugar added hot cocoa, small apple and and stick of string cheese. Jeremy had a greek yogurt, a stick of string cheese and some BBQ almonds.
EXERCISE:
None

Here's where the train ran off the tracks. I had a meeting last night for a community group I'm in. We usually have refreshments. I usually don't eat much, if any, but I did at this meeting. I had two mini red velvet cupcakes (one of my favorites) and about 5 ritz crackers with a few slices of pepper jack and about 2 Tb of cheese ball. But the calories definitely added up...

STATS:
Calories 2,568
Fat 105 g
Sat Fat 36.1 g (Thank you, cheese...)
Cholesterol 154 mg
Sodium 4,347 mg
Carbs 315.3 g
Fiber 51.4 g
Sugars 115.7 g
Protein 112.4 g

1 comment:

  1. Please continue to share your recipes. Some of the stuff you make sounds amazing, even like what you put in your salad and wraps. You seem to have a natural nak for cooking the way you can put together in good combos. I'm more of a follow the recipe type, but would like to try some of the different things you've mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete