Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SOLE on SNAP: Days 8, 9 and 10 Columbus Day weekend

It was a long weekend. Those are always nice.

On weekends, though, I am generally over my calorie budget. Not a good habit.

Saturday, October 8th

BREAKFAST:
I had 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats, about 1/3 a cup of leftover non-fat dry milk, 1 tsp of turbinado sugar and coffee with natural vanilla creamer. Jeremy had toaster strudels.
LUNCH:
We had the rest of the leftover marinated tuna on foccacia from dinner on Thursday night.
DINNER:
I had a Bertolli Skillet Meal for Two... for one. Yep, I ate the whole thing. It was Shrimp Penne, which is the one lowest in fat. Jeremy had to work on Saturday evening at the Pumpkin Festival, so he got dinner there. I think he had hotdogs from the Lions Club's booth.
SNACKS:
I got really hungry before lunch and I ate about 6 buckeyes that weren't even that good. Wish I'd saved those calories. Not worth it. I also had 1 ounce of Tostitos tortilla chips and about 1/4 cup of humus. And I drank two glasses of red wine while watching tv after Jeremy got home.
EXERCISE:
I did go to the gym Saturday evening (Yay). It was deserted. Which was kinda nice, having the place to myself. I did my usual 40 minute cardio routine. I need to mix it up, but honestly, it's just easy to do the same thing over and over. I also cleaned house pretty agressively, which burns a lot of calories.
STATS:
Calories 1,757 (2,301 total less 544 from exercise)
Fat 77.2g
Sat Fat 14.3g
Sodium 1,789.1 mg (I hardly doubt this is right...)
Carbs 148.3g
Fiber A measly 10.6g
Sugars 49.5g (damn buckeys)
Protein 45.2g

Sunday, October 9th
BREAKFAST:
I got up and made breakfast this morning. One of my favorites, tomato gravy. It. Was. Delicious.

I made this with bacon pieces and fresh tomatoes. I think it's better with canned tomatoes though because they are skinned, and they break up easier. This were still pretty awesome, though. We had it with four frozen Pilsbury biscuits. I also used the last of the dry milk I had mixed up from an earlier recipe.
LUNCH:
We went to visit our respective folks, and I didn't have much for lunch at my mom's. I had some peanut butter and crackers, while I was cooking dinner at her house. Jeremy dropped me off and went onto his parent's house. His mom made meatloaf, rolls, and squash casserole. I had some of the leftovers. They were great.
DINNER:
I made jerk chicken, salmon filets, stuffed sweet peppers and grilled hot peppers at my mom's for me, her and my brother. I contributed some of the ingredients for the topping for the salmon--an 8 oz. can of pineapple and jalepenos. I also contributed a tomato to chop up and put in the stuffed peppers.
EXERCISE:
I did some other chores around the house for my mom like planting bulbs and spreading compost over a flower bed. Burning calories = winning.

STATS
Calories 2,154 (2,432 total less 278 from exercise)
Fat 110.9g
Sat Fat 27.2g
Cholesterol 165.7mg
Sodium 4,065 mg
Carbs 156.8g
Fiber 19g
Sugars 37.1g
Protein 94.3g

Monday, October 10th
BREAKFAST:
I had 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and about 1/3 cup of 2% milk, with 2 cups of coffee and 2 Tb of natural vanilla creamer. Jeremy slept through breakfast.
LUNCH:
We had grilled cheese sandwiches made from 2 slices each of whole wheat bread, 1 Tb REAL butter (from pasture-raised cows), 1 slice of horseradish cheddar cheese and some pickled tomatoes I made a few weeks ago. I just threw it together, and it was amazing. I need to remember this combo. I got the cheese on "Manager's Special", and it doesn't expire until December. I don't know why it was marked down.
DINNER:
The Hubs cooked dinner--Yay! Drunken chicken with a spice rub, grilled potatoes with blue cheese crumbles. Nothing like coming home to dinner on the table.
SNACKS:
I had a few bites of some of the leftovers Jeremy brought home from his mom and dad's. I had a Junior League meeting, and I didn't eat dinner before I went. So I ate 4 brownies at the meeting. Yeah.
EXERCISE:
We worked outside in the yard from around 1 to 4 pm. My favorite workout. It's nice to get stuff done and get a workout in. I have been wanting to dig up a flower bed in the front of our house that we haven't used since we moved in much, and haul the stone around to the back and expand a flower bed I have now. All that diggin and haulin of stone burnt a shit ton of calories.
STATS:
Calories 2,669
Fat 107.5g
Sat Fat 33.4g
Cholesterol 351.8mg
Sodium 2,558 mg
Carbs 265.5 g
Fiber 25.8 g
Protein 92.4 g

You know, I probably should mention that I take Metamucil every day. It's getting my fiber up. That's one of the most important nutriets for long-term health, I think. One that the study should have emphasized more than potassium.

Now that I'm back to work, hopefully I can get back on track and stay under my calorie budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment