Wednesday, October 19, 2011

SOLE on SNAP: Day 19

And How to Eat Supper continues to deliver hit after hit. Seriously, go buy this cookbook if you are interested in cooking REALLY good food from scratch on a weeknight in under an hour. Who wouldn't be into that? Look, it's even on sale!!!

BREAKFAST:
I had 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats with a handful of frozen blueberries, about 1 Tb of honey, and a generous splash of 2% milk, with a cup of coffee and a Tb of natural vanilla creamer. Jeremy had a Kashi TLC bar and a cup of coffee with creamer.
LUNCH:
Jeremy and I went to the new Firehouse Subs to check it out. I had a medium veggie sub on wheat with Sun Chips. Highly recommended! Jeremy had the Engineer and Funyons. I heart Funyons, BTW. This restaurant is great, too. It had a big mural painted on the wall of firemen dressed in mountaineer buckskin suits helping a coal miner away from a fire coming from a coal mine. Not totally realistic, but pretty cool.
DINNER:
Chicken caccitoria from How to Eat Supper. I also made polenta, and added a dab of buttermilk and butter to make it creamy.  The chicken was from Almost Heaven Farm in Monroe County that I bought back a month or so ago. The cornmeal was from Reed's Mill Flour in Monroe County also. Its amazing because it's open pollinated corn, and the mill is one of the oldest continually operated mills in the country. The garlic is from my mom and the tomatoes are from Jackson County. The was a splash of white wine on the chicken, and organic red onion and Private Selection salami.

I've had chicken caccitore before, but it wasn't like this. It was like shredded chicken in spaghetti. But according to wikipedia, that's not the traditional way to make it. Food for thought, literally!
SNACKS: I had a Kashi TLC bar, 2 saltines and 2 Tb of natural peanutbutter.
EXERCISE:
I went to the gym and did some CAR-DIO! (It it like Oprah. It sounds more fun...) I burnt 384 calories

STATS
Calories 1,779 (2,163 less 384 calories from exercise)
Fat 113.4 g
Sat Fat 28.8 g
Cholesterol 190.7 mg
Sodium 2,850 mg (YAY!!!!)
Carbs 211 g
Fiber 23.8 g
Sugars 60.4 g
Protein 85 g

No comments:

Post a Comment