Tuesday, October 4, 2011

SOLE on SNAP: Day 3

Today, I stayed home playing hookie. Tomorrow is a state holiday, as it is election day, so I have a nice 4 day weekend. I did not keep track of my calories today, as I promised myself I would do for this project. Sigh... I need to take this more seriously, but tomorrow, I know I most likely track my calories either because we are meeting some friends for lunch.

BREAKFAST: I had 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats with a tsp of turbinado sugar, a handful of blueberries (frozen from last summer) and about 1/3 cup of milk. I had 2 cups of coffee with creamer.
LUNCH: I ate my leftovers from my Mexican meal yesterday at Mi Patron. I ordred vegetarian fajitas, and I swear, I think they were better leftover than they were fresh. I didn't have any tortilla shells left, but I had threw some tortilla chips in the doggie bag. I grabbed a few tortilla chips from a bag I had open here at home to go with them.

DINNER: I made Plumped Ginger Caramel Shrimp for dinner from The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper. I LOVE THAT COOKBOOK. It is all geared toward weeknight dinners and it is normal recipes dialed up a notch. Tonight was no exception. It was quick and really effin good. I had a bag of Key West shrimp in the freezer. I think this was a recipe I had planned for last month, so I bought everything I needed for it last month. Not fair, for the project, I know, I know. But I guarantee you, there will be menus I don't get to this month that get pushed back to next month. I just always happens. As a matter of fact, there already has been. I didn't make the salmon I planned for last Friday.

For the ginger caramel shrimp, I used garlic from my mom. She grows monster garlic and gives me a lot of what she grows. I really like it because the cloves are huge and very mild. You can use a lot and it isn't overpowering. I also used ginger, which I bought last month. I served it with brown rice, which I had in the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment